The Freezer Energy Label Energy Efficiency Standards and Marking Methods were announced on November 29, 2021, and became valid on December 1, 2022.
The Freezer Energy Label Energy Efficiency Standards and Marking Methods
Document number Neng-ji-zi No. 11005009480
Announced on November 29, 2021, and became effective on December 1, 2022.
1. The applicable scope, energy efficiency test conditions and methods, and energy efficiency standard application for freezer energy label verification should conform to the following regulations:
(1) Applicable scope:
Freezers that conform to the National Standards of the Republic of China (hereafter referred to as the CNS) 2062 refrigerator and freezer regulations or that have been certified by the competent authority.
(2) Energy efficiency test conditions and methods:
Freezer energy efficiency test conditions and methods shall conform to CNS 2062 requirements.
(3) Freezer energy efficiency standard:
The indicated values and actual test values of various freezer energy efficiencies should be above the standard values in the following table:
|Type||Energy factor standard (liter/kWh/month)|
|Automatic defrosting freezer|| E.F.=(V/(0.014V+19.8)) |
|Manual defrosting freezer||E.F.=(V/(0.011V+16.5)) |
Note: The items in the above table are calculated based on effective internal volume. The effective internal volume calculation method is as follows:
V(liter) = K×VF; V is the effective internal volume;
VF(liter): freezer effective internal volume;
K value: freezer’s effective internal volume conversion factor; three and four-star is 1.78.
(4) Common requirements:
1. Effective internal volume, energy factor value, actual test value, and energy factor value standard are round up to the first decimal point.
2. The actual test value of Energy factor value should be above 95% of the indicated value.
II. The vendor’s application for the freezer energy label should have one of the following safety documents:
Required safety documents
Upright freezer with a rated voltage of below 250V and an effective internal volume of less than 400 liters
Certificate of the Registration of Product Certification or Certificate of the Type Approval of Product
Upright freezer with a rated voltage of below 250V and an effective internal volume higher than 400 liters
Safety certification test report issued by a BSMI designated laboratory that conforms to “upright freezer” product inspection standards.
Chest freezer with a rated voltage of less than 250 V
III. Freezer energy label energy efficiency marking should conform to the following regulations:
(1) The name and address of the label user should be clearly displayed on the product or package.
(2) If the aforementioned entity is an agent, the manufacturer’s name and address must be displayed on the product or package.
(3) The product’s energy factor value should be labeled on the product catalog.