Revision to the Electric Fan Energy Conservation Label Energy Efficiency Standards and Marking Methods (announced on November 19, 2019 and will become effective on December 1, 2021)
Neng-ji-zi No. 10805014750
Revision announced on November 19, 2019 and will become effective on December 1, 2021.
1. The applicable scope, energy efficiency testing conditions and methods and energy efficiency standards for the electric fan energy conservation label verification application should conform to the following regulations:
(1) The applicable scope should conform to one of the following rules:
1. Fans that conform to National Standards of the Republic of China (CNS) 547 electric fans (desk type and wall-hanging type), CNS 2061 free-standing type electric fan, CNS 2450 automatic rotation hanging electric fan, CNS 9578 box-type electric fan, or CNS 597 hanging electric fan rules.
2. Ceiling circulation fan: air circulation fans installed on the ceiling.
3. Other electric fans that have been recognized by the relevant competent authority.
(2) Energy efficiency testing conditions and methods
The product’s test conditions and testing methods must conform to national standards (CNS 547, 2061, 2450, 9578, and 597).
(3) Electric fan energy efficiency standards
The energy efficiency marked value and actual measured value for electric fan products should be higher than or equal to the following standards:
|Electric fan type||Desk type, wall-hanging type, free-standing type, box type||Hanging electric fans||Automatic rotation hanging electric fans||Ceiling circulations fans |
Remarks: the energy efficiency value = standard wind volume (m3/min) ÷ power consumption (W); round up to the second decimal point; D is the fan blade’s diameter (cm), which should be rounded up to the first integer.
II. When vendors apply for the electric fan energy conservation label, the vendor should submit one of the following safety document and other necessary documents that have been approved by the Energy Conservation Label Review Committee:
(1) Product verification and registration document.
(2) Product type approval certification.
(3) No-testing document issued by the BSMI and safety testing report issued by a TAF-certified laboratory.
III. The electric fan energy conservation label energy efficiency marking should conform to the following rules:
(1) The energy conservation label user’s name and address must be clearly indicated on the product or packaging.
(2) If the energy conservation label user is an agent, the manufacturer’s name and address should also be indicated on the product or package.
(3) The product catalog should indicate the fan blade diameter and energy efficiency value.