Promulgate on October 18, 2017, and in effect on the same day
I. Scope and energy efficiency test conditions and methods, and energy efficiency test criteria shall conform to the following regulations for office and commercial location luminaire energy saving labeling filing (hereinafter referred to as luminaire):
(I) Scope: Luminaires compliant with Chinese National Standards (hereinafter referred to as CNS) 14335 and 14115, except those exempted by this Council.
(II) Energy efficiency test conditions and methods:
1. Distribution of luminous intensity: Test according to the International Commission on Illumination Standard (CIE) 70, 84 and 121; curve measurement’s test angle spaced under 2.5°.
2. Color temperature and color rendering:
(1) Light-emitting diode (hereinafter referred to as LED): test according to CNS 15437 “Recessed LED luminaires for T-bar ceiling systems.”
(2) Fluorescent lamps: Test according to CNS 691 “Fluorescent lamps (for general lighting service).”
(3) Self-ballasted fluorescent lamps: Tested in accordance with CNS 14125 “Self-ballasted fluorescent lamps (for general lighting services)”.
(4) Compact fluorescent lamps: Test in accordance with CNS 14576 “Compact fluorescent lamps (for general lighting service).”
(5) High-pressure sodium vapor lamps: According to CNS 15049 “High-pressure sodium vapor lamps” test.
(6) Employ light source with similar specification if not specified by CNS.
3. Distance-height ratio: See Appendix 1 for its test method.
4. Average brightness: See Appendix 2 for test methods.
5. Flashing: Test according to CIE TN 006:2016.
(III) Common requirements:
1. Round the measured power to the nearest tenth; the measured total input power is within ±10% of the rated one.
2. Round the measured power factor to the nearest hundredth; it shall outnumber 0.90 and 95% of rated value.
3. Round the measured total luminous flux (lm) to the nearest whole number; it shall outrun 90% of the rated one.
4. Round the measured color rendering to the nearest tenth; it shall outnumber 80.0 and no less than 3 off the rated one.
5. In case of LED light source the special color rendering index R9 shall be greater than zero.
6. Round the measured beam maintenance rate to the nearest tenth according to the following requirements:
(1) The measured beam retaining rate after 1,000 hours of testing: greater than 97%.
(2) The measured beam retaining rate after 3,000 hours of testing: greater than 95%.
7. Photobio safety shall conform to CNS 15592 “No Risk Level” category.
8. The upward beam ratio of suspended luminaire with an upward light output shall be between 7% and 14% after calculation according to the following formula.
Upward beam ratio = (Upward luminous flux (above 90°))/(Total output luminous flux) × 100%
(IV) Special requirements
Regarding energy saving labeling for grille lamps and flat panel lamps: the manufacturer shall conform to one of the following special requirements:
1. The first group of special requirements is the unified glare index and light type and shall conform to the following requirements:
(1) The measured unified glare index (rounded to the nearest tenth): less than 19.0.
(2) Light type:
A. In Fig. 1, reference axis of the plane from C=0° to C=180° shall pass through the center point of luminaire’s illuminating surface and perpendicular to its illuminating surface; the light intensity at right angle 0°of the reference axis is 65-85% of the maximum light intensity of the plane.
B. In Fig. 1, the C=0° to C=180° plane, its angle of 50% maximum light intensity Ɵ1 and Ɵ2 are both above 38° and their sum above 80°.
C. In Fig. 2, the cumulative luminous flux in 80° of the reference axis solid angle is above 80% of the total luminous flux except those with upward light output. Round the measured luminous flux to the nearest tenth.
2. The second special requirements are the distance-height ratio and the average brightness, which shall conform to the following requirements:
(1) The distance-height ratio of each plane (rounded to the nearest hundredth): greater than 1.20.
(2) The average brightness should be lower than the brightness limit reference (see attached table).
(V) Energy efficiency benchmark:
1. Round the measured luminous efficiency to the nearest tenth according to the following formula:
Measured luminous efficiency (lm/W)=(Total output luminous flux (lm))/(Total input power (W))×100%
2. The measured luminous efficiency should be above 95% of the marked one and must meet the following requirements:
(1) The luminous efficiency of grille lamps and flat lamps: greater than 100.0 (lm/W).
(2) The luminous efficiency of open lamps such as patio lamp, down lamp/embed lamp and Middle east lamp, mountain lamp, work lamp, laminate/bracket lamp: greater than 120.0 (lm/W).
II. Manufacturers shall submit CNS 14335 and CNS 14115 compliance report when filing for luminaire energy saving labeling. Regarding light source from luminaire of LED tube: submit CNS 15438 or CNS 15983 test report for the latter; in addition, the latter shall have the model number marked on it.
III. Product marks of energy saving labeling shall be subject to the following regulations:
(I) Mark label user name and address clearly on the product or its packaging.
(II) In case the said user is an agent, mark the name and address of the manufacturer on the product or its package as well.
(III) Mark rated power, rated total luminous flux, rated luminous efficiency, power factor, color rendering index, flashing index and percentage of product on its body and catalogue.