Downlights and Recessed luminaires energy saving logo and energy efficiency standard and labeling
Date of promulgation: 2017.03.23
Takes effect on: 2018.05.01
I. Applicability, energy efficiency test conditions and methods, and energy efficiency standards in filing downlights and recessed luminaires shall subject to the following regulations:
1. Shall conform to CNS 14335, 14115 and 15592 or other standards approved by the incumbent authorities.
2. Downlights: ceiling mounted or downward hanging light with barrel or column looks.
Recessed luminaires: lights embedded fully or partially in materials with total rated luminous flux below 4000 lumen.
(2) Energy efficiency test conditions and methods
1. Luminous intensity distribution: test according to CIE standard 70, 84 and 121 with a curve measurement angle below 2.5 degrees.
2. Color temperature and color rendering:
LED: Test according to CNS 15437: "Light metal frame ceiling embedded LED luminary" standard.
Fluorescent light bulb with built-in ballast: Test according to CNS 14125 "Fluorescent light bulb with built-in ballast (for general lighting)" standard.
Compact fluorescent tube: Test according to CNS 14576 "Compact fluorescent tube (for general lighting)" standard.
High pressure sodium bulb: Test according to CNS 15049 "High pressure sodium bulb" standard.
Light sources not covered by CNS: Test according to the standard of a similar light source.
(3) Energy efficiency standard
Luminaire efficiency measurement value: calculate according to the formula below, round the outcome to the nearest tenth:
Actual luminaire efficiency value: 95% or more than the rating and greater than 110.0 (lm/w).
(4) Common requirements
Actual total input power (W): Round to the nearest tenth, less than 110% of total input power rating.
Actual power rounded to the nearest hundredth, greater than or equal to 0.90 and greater than 95% of the rating.
Actual total luminous flux (lm): Round to the nearest whole number, greater than 90% of the total luminous flux rating.
Actual color rendering: Round to the nearest tenth, greater than 80.0 and greater than or equal to a rating value less than 3.
LED light source: Special rendering assessment index R9: Above zero.
Light biosafety: Conforms to CNS 15592 "Zero risk grade" category.
Beam retention rate: Round the actual number to the nearest tenth and conform to the following:
LED light source: Actual beam retention rate above 97.0 and 95.0 after 1000 and 3000 test hours respectively.
Non-LED light source: Actual beam retention rate above 90.0 and 85.0 after 1000 and 3000 test hours respectively.
II. Energy saving logo and energy efficiency labeling shall subject to the following rules:
(1) Name and address of the logo user shall be noted clearly on the product or its package.
(2) Name and address of the manufacturer shall also be noted clearly on the product or its package if the logo user is an agent of the product.
(3) Value of the color temperature, luminous flux, color rendering, and luminaire efficiency shall be noted clearly on the product or its package.