The LED Light Bulb Energy Label Energy Efficiency Standards and Marking Methods were revised and announced on October 11, 2016 and became effective on March 1, 2017. (Became inapplicable on March 1, 2023)
Revised LED Light Bulb Energy Label Energy Efficiency Standards and Marking Methods
Neng-ji-zi No. 10505011970
The revision was announced on October 11, 2016 and became effective on March 1, 2017.
I. The applicable scope, energy efficiency testing conditions and methods and energy efficiency standards for the LED light bulb energy label certification should conform to the following regulations:
(1) Applicable scope: non-directional LED light bulbs that conforms to BSMI’s “Testing Related Rules for Testing LED Light Bulb Products with Embedded Ballasts” with a rated frequency of 60 hertz and rated voltage higher than single-phase AC 50 volt and less than single-phase AC 300 volt. However, light-cap type LED light bulb is limited to Type B or Type E.
(2) Energy efficiency testing conditions and methods: test according to the National Standards of the Republic of China (CNS) 15630 “Performance Requirements for General Lighting LED Bulb with Embedded Ballast (with Supplied Voltage Greater than 50V).”
(3) Energy efficiency standards:
1. Color rendering index measured value greater than or equal to 80.0 and higher than 95% of the marked value.
2. Special color rendering evaluation index (R9) greater than 0.
3. The measured luminous efficacy is the initial measured luminous flux divided by the initial measured input power. The calculation result should be greater than or equal to the corresponding rated color temperature values in the following table and be higher than 95% of the marked value.
|Rated color temperature (K)||Luminous efficacy (lm/W)|
|2700, 3000, 3500|| 110.0 |
|4000, 5000, 6500||115.0 |
4. The measured lumen maintenance value:
(1) After 1,000 hours of testing, the measured lumen maintenance value should be above 97.0%.
(2) After 3,000 hours of testing, the measured lumen maintenance value should be above 95.0%.
5. The measured color shift value should be calculated based on the International Commission on Illumination Standards 1976 (u,, v,) diagram.
(1) After 1,000 hour of testing, the △u,, v, is smaller than or equal to 0.005.
(2) After 3,000 hours of testing, the △u,, v, is smaller than or equal to 0.007.
6. The color rending index, luminous efficacy, measured lumen maintenance rate, measured luminous flux and the initial input power should be calculated to the first decimal point and the second decimal point should be rounded up. The measured color shift should be calculated to the third decimal point and the fourth decimal point should be rounded up.
7. The photobiological safety should be in the “hazard free” category.
II. The aforementioned energy label energy efficiency marking should be conducted based on the following rules:
(1) The energy efficiency label user’s name and address must be clearly indicated on the product or packaging.
(2) The LED light bulb’s packaging should clearly indicate the product’s brand and model, place of origin, rated voltage, rated frequency, rated power, rated color rending index, rated luminous flux, rated luminous efficacy, rated color temperature and the photobiological safety level “hazard free.”