Bureau of Energy
What is Energy Label?
International Labeling Programs
Axial flow Fans:
Energy Efficiency Criteria and Labeling Method for Axial-flow Fans
Products list by category
Energy Efficiency Criteria and Labeling Method for Axial flow Fans
No. En-Tech 10205010211
Promulgated and in effect on June 26, 2013
I. Axial flow fans (“products”) applying for Energy Label Certification shall meet the following requirements on scope, energy efficiency test conditions and methods, and energy efficiency criteria:
1. Scope: Products shall meet the following specifications and the requirements of CNS 6592, CNS 6593, or recognized by the Bureau of Energy, MOEA. The required specifications are listed below:
Fan Diameter: between 0.125m and 2m
Rated Power: between 125W and 75kW
Static Pressure: under 500 mmAq
Air Flow Rate: under 3,000 CMM
2. Energy Efficiency Test Conditions and Methods: The test conditions and methods shall meet the requirements of ISO 5801 or AMCA 210.
3. Application for Energy Label Certification of Axial flow Fans
(1) Single Model: The energy efficiency of the fan shall be measured according to ISO 5801 or AMCA 210, and be used to calculate FMEG value according to ISO 12759. The FMEG value of the product applying for Energy Label Certification shall not be less than 55.
(2) Product Series:
i. In accordance with AMCA 211, Certified Ratings Program - Product Rating Manual for Fan Air Performance, the energy efficiency of the fan shall be measured according to ISO 5801 or AMCA 210, and be used to calculate FEG value according to ISO 12759.
ii. CNS 1057 or CNS 1440 complied energy efficiency test reports of electric motors and dimensions of the product series shall be submitted. FMEG value shall be calculated according to ISO 12759. For a product series of axial-flow fan applying for Energy Label Certification, FEG value shall not be less than 71 and FMEG value shall not be less than 55.
4. Safety Requirements: Electric motors submitted for certification shall meet related testing requirements of the Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection (BSMI) of the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA)..
II. Notes on product labeling
1. The name and address of the label user shall be clearly displayed on the product or product packaging.
2. If the label user is an agent, the names and addresses of fan and electric motor manufacturers shall also be displayed on the product or product packaging.
3. The product catalog shall display power consumption (W), power factor, fan diameter (mm), nominal air flow rate (CMM), nominal static pressure (mmAq), optimal fan total efficiency (%), electric motor’s voltage (V) and phase.
4. The fan diameter of the product shall be expressed in millimeter (mm) and rounded to tens. The values of nominal flow rate, power consumption, total efficiency and nominal static pressure at optimal efficiency point shall be rounded to one decimal place.
Lately update:2014/07/09 11:13:00
Visitor of Today：
Government Website Open Information Announcement
Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs
Industrial Technology Research Institute