The Desktop Computer Energy Label Energy Consumption Standard and Labeling Method was amended and announced on July 8, 2021, and become valid on July 1, 2023.
Desktop Computer Energy Label Energy Consumption Standard and Labeling Method
Neng-ji-zi No. 11005002630
Amended and announced on July 8, 2021, and become valid on July 1, 2023.
1. The applicable scope, test conditions and methods, and energy consumption standard for desktop computer energy label certification shall conform to the following regulations:
(1) Applicable scope:
Desktop computer or integrated desktop computer product as defined by the National Standards of the Republic of China (hereafter referred to as CNS) 62623 “Desktop and notebook computers - Measurement of Energy Consumption,” or desktop computer products certified by the competent authority.
(2) Energy consumption test conditions and methods:
1. Tested according to the testing procedures and conditions in the CNS 62623 regulations.
2. When the product is preset to start ALPM (as ALPM Note 1), the test shall be conducted according to Appendix 1 rules.
(3) Desktop computer energy label energy consumption standard:
Desktop computer's actual tested typical energy consumption ETEC shall be equal to or lower than the maximum typical energy consumption ETEC_MAX.
1. Desktop computer's actual tested typical energy consumption ETEC equation is as follows:
ETEC=8.76 × (0.45 × POFF+ 0.05×PSLEEP+ 0.15×PLONG_IDLE+ 0.35×PSHORT_IDLE)
POFF: Off mode tested average power (W)
PSLEEP: Sleep mode tested average power (W)
PLONG_IDLE: Long-term idle state tested average power (W)
PSHORT_IDLE: Short-term idle state tested average power (W)
When the desktop computer is equipped with an ALPM and is preset to start, the aforementioned PLONG_IDLE and PSLEEP value can be replaced with the ALPM's average power PALPM.
2. Desktop computer's maximum typical energy consumption ETEC_MAX equation is as follows:
ETEC_MAX= 0.30× (1+ ALLOWANCEPSU)× (TECBASE+ TECMEMORY+ TECGRAPHICS+ TECSTORAGE+ TECINT_DISPLAY+ TECSWITCHABLE+ TECEEE)
(1) Table 1. The increase in power supply achieved efficiency standard (ALLOWANCEPSUNote 2)
When the rated output current conforms to all the four following ratio's minimum efficiency can receive ALLOWANCEPSU
|Internal power supply (IPS)|
Integrated esktop computer
(2)Table 2. Basis allowed power usage (TECBASEsup>Note 3)
Fraction (P) type
Built in/switchable GPU
(3) Table 3. Increase given by memory function (TECMEMORYNote 4), increase given by the discrete GPU (dGfx)(TECGRAPHICSNote 5), increase given by the automatically switchable GPU (TECSWITCHABLENote 6), increase given by the high-efficiency Ethernet (TECEEENote 7), increase given by the internal storage device (HDD/SSD)(TECSTORAGENote 8), increase given by the high-efficiency display (TECINT_DISPLAYNote 9)
Various increase items
Integrated desktop omputer
0.8 x emory capacity (GB)
graphic memory andwidth (FB_BW)≦16
16＜graphic memory bandwidth (FB_BW)≦32
32＜graphic memory andwidth (FB_BW)≦64
64＜graphic memory bandwidth (FB_BW)≦96
96＜graphic memory andwidth (FB_BW)≦128
Graphic memory bandwidth (FB_BW)>128, and frame buffer data bandwidth (Frame Buffer Data Width)<192 unit
Graphic memory bandwidth (FB_BW)>128, and frame buffer data bandwidth (Frame Buffer Data Width)≧192 unit
8.76 x 0.35 x (1+EP) x
(4xr + 0.05 x A)
(4) Product's actual tested power use POFF, PSLEEP, PSHORT_IDLE and PLONG_IDLE shall be rounded up to the second decimal point. If the product is preset to start ALPM, the PALPM is round up to the second decimal point. The product's ETEC value and ETEC_MAX values are rounded up to the first decimal point.
2. The desktop computer energy label energy consumption marking shall be processed according to the following rules:
(1) The name and address of the label user should be clearly displayed on the product or package.
(2) If the aforementioned entity is an agent, the manufacturer's name and address must be displayed on the product or package.
(3) The product catalog shall have the product's ETEC (kWh/year).
Note 1: Alternative Low Power Mode (ALPM): when the computer has been idle for a while and has been automatically or manually put into power-saving mode, the screen should be off. Computer with ALPM must maintain an Internet connection or immediate response to the user interface equipment. The Modern-Standby mode commonly seen in recent years is a type of ALPM. PALPM shows the average power obtained under ALPM.
Note 2: must conform to the minimum efficiency of the four rated output current items in Table 1 to be able to receive the increased ALLOWANCEPSU given by the power supply achieved efficiency standard.
Note 3: based on the product category in Table 2 and according to fraction P's corresponding base allowable power use TECBASE.
‧P= [CPU core number] ×[CPU clock rate (GHz)]; of which, the core number represents the physical core and the clock rate represents the CPU's highest clock rate when reaching thermal design power (TDP); does not include turbo boost clock rate.
Note 4: TECMEMORY: each GB of memory receives an increase of 0.8 kWh.
Note 5: TECGRAPHICS: only calculate the first installed discrete GPU, but does not cover the automatically switchable GPU; of which:
FB_BW: graphic memory bandwidth (GB/s) = memory effective clock rate (MHz) × buffer memory data bandwidth (bits)/(8×1000).
Note 6: TECSWITCHABLE: applicable for desktop and integrated computers with factory preset automatic switchable GPU.
Note 7: TECEEE: based on the number of ports of the factory preset high-efficiency Ethernet (compliant with IEEE 802.3az architecture); calculate once for each port.
Note 8: TECSTORAGE: applicable for two or more internal storage units (HDD/SSD); limited to calculating once.
1. TECINT_DISPLAY: increase given by the high-efficiency display; cumulative increase can be used for multiple screens.
2. High-efficiency display must simultaneously satisfy the following definitions: (1) contrast ratio of more than 60:1 (at least 85˚ horizontal viewing angle); (2) resolution greater than or equal to 2.3 million pixel; (3) gamut supports 99.0% of RGB.
3. Parameter description:
EP: high-efficiency display allowable value (when not a high-efficiency display, EP=0; for high-efficiency display and the screen diagonal length is (d)<27 inches, the EP=0.3; for high-efficiency display and the screen diagonal length is (d)≧27, the EP=0.75).
r: screen resolution (million pixels).
A: viewable area (square inches).