Amendment Regulations of Energy Efficiency Standard and Indication Method for the Printer Energy Conservation Marker
Amended on Jun/15/2015; Effective as of Oct/01/2015
I. In applying for the verification of Printer energy conservation marker, its scope, test conditions and method as well as energy efficiency standard shall meet the following regulations:
1. The Printer that is granted the verification registration conformity certificate or the type recognition certificate issued by Bureau of Standards, Metrology & Inspection, Ministry of Economic Affairs and meets the regulations of C.C.C. Code: 8443.32.00.00.1-A, 8443.31.00.00-2-A, or recognized by competent authority.
2. The Printer that meets the definition specified in ENERGY STAR Program Requirements for Imaging Equipment, Version 2.0 (hereunder briefed as ENERGY STAR REV. 2.0).
(II) Test Conditions and Method:
1. The product shall meet the requirements specified in ENERGY STAR REV. 2.0.
2. Where the power rating indicated in the product nameplate is less than or equal to 1500W, its test voltage shall be 115V±1.0%; if such power rating is over 1500W, then the test voltage shall be 115V±4.0%.
3. If the product is designed with Automatic Duplexing Capability, then it shall meet the requirements of Automatic Duplexing Capability specified in ENERGY STAR REV. 2.0.
4. The specifications of the paper used for the test shall be A4 size in nominal weight at 80g/m2
(III) Based on imaging technology and printing function, the Energy Efficiency Standard shall meet the following requirements:
1. If the printer and multi-function composite machine are applying EP, High Performance IJ and Solid Ink to present the imaging technology, then its TEC (Typical Electricity Consumption) shall not be higher than the Energy Efficiency Standard indicated in the attached Table 1.
2. If the printer and multi-function composite machine are applying Ink Jet and Impact to present the imaging technology, then:
(1) The max. standby power consumption shall be ≦0.5W.
(2) The power consumption of Sleep Mode (PSLEEP
, unit: W) shall be ≦PSLEEP_MAX
in which, PSLEEP_MAX
= (0.60W + power consumption allowed for Function Booster) x 0.8. The power consumption allowed for the said Function Booster shall meet the requirements specified in the attached Table 2.
(3) The preset delay time shall meet the requirements of ENERGY STAR REV. 2.0.
3. If the Printer belongs to Type 2 Digital Front-end (DFE) model as defined in ENERGY STAR REV. 2.0, then its DFE (TEC DFE
) shall meet the requirements of ENERGY STAR REV. 2.0; further, its TEC- (TECDFE
/0.8) shall not be higher than the Energy Efficiency Standard specified in the attached Table 1. In the meantime, its PSLEEP
/0.6) or (PDFE_SLEEP
/0.6) shall not be higher than PSLEEP_MAX
4. The TEC, TECDFE
termed herein shall be the actual test values. The unit of TEC and TECDFE
shall be degree/frequency and calculated to the first place following the decimal point, with the second one rounded off; whereas, the unit of PSLEEP
shall be “W” and calculated to the second place following the decimal point, with the third place rounded off.
II. The Energy Efficiency Standard of energy conservation marker shall be indicated according to the following requirements:
(I) The name and address of the marker user shall be clearly noted on the product or the package.
(II) If the marker user belongs to an agent, then the name and address of its manufacturer shall also be noted on the product or the package together.
(III) The product catalogue shall indicate TEC (degree/frequency) or PSLEEP
(W) of the product.
|Product Printing Function||Product Speed Indication S(ipm)||Energy Efficiency Standard |
|Mono-color Copier Machine||S≦5||0.21|
|Full-color Copier Machine||S≦10||0.715|
Remark: If the product can be used for printing out A3 paper, then the Energy Efficiency Standard of this table shall be added with 0.3 (degree/frequency).
| Type of Function|
| Connection |
| Max. Data |
| Description || Function Booster |
| Interface used || Cable ||r<20|| Including USB1.x, IEEE488, |
|20≦r<500|| Including USB2.x, IEEE 1394|
/ FireWire/ i.LINK, 100MB
|r≧500|| Including USB3.x, 1G Ethernet.||0.50|
| Any || Including Flash memory-card/ |
smart-card readers, camera
| Fax Modem || Any || Applicable for fax machine |
| Radio, RF || Any || Including Bluetooth, 802.11||2.00|
| Radio, IR || Any ||IrDA||0.10|
| Radio Mobile Phone ||-||-|| The imaging product shall have|
the capability of communicating
with any radio mobile phone.
Regardless of whatever product
design for processing the number
of mobile phone, such increment
shall be available for one service
only; besides, the increased
number shall not correspond to
the power consumed by the
| Memory ||-||-|| The internal storage capacity|
used for store the data in the
imaging product. Such increment
shall be applicable for all internal
memories and is based to
increase the allowed function
according to the number;
however, it shall not be
applicable for Hard Disk or Flash
| Scanner ||-||-|| Applicable for MFDS and copier |
machine, including Applicable
for MFDs and Copier Machine,
including CCFL (Cold Cathode
Fluorescent Lamp) technology or
non-CCFL technology, for
example, the use of diode (LED),
halogen, HCFL, helium or TL
(Tubular Lamp). Regardless of
the lamp dimensions or the
number of lamp/bulb, the power
allowed for the booster shall be
available for one service only.
| Power Provider ||-||-|| Applicable for the standard |
product fitted with internal and
external Power Providers, where
the output power (POUT) indicated
in the nameplate is over 10W and
where it applies the JT, Impact to
present the imaging technology.
| Touch Screen ||-||-|| Applicable for B/W and color|
| Internal Storage Device ||-||-|| Including all kinds of|
high-capacity storage products,
including Hard Disk, Solid-state
Drives, but excluding external