Bureau of Energy
What is Energy Label?
International Labeling Programs
Gas burning cooking appliances:
Energy Efficiency Criteria and Labeling Method for Label QualifiedGas Burning Cooking Appliances
Products list by category
Energy Efficiency Criteria and Labeling Method for Label Qualified Gas Burning Cooking Appliances
No. En-Tech 10004066280
Promulgated and in effect on September 26, 2011
I.Gas Burning Cooking Appliances(“products”) applying for Energy Label Certification shall meet the following requirements on scope, energy efficiency test conditions and methods, and energy efficiency criteria:
Products shall meet the requirements of CNS 13604, and the definition of C.C.C. Code 7321.81.00.00-0-A, or recognized by the Bureau of Energy, MOEA.
2. Energy Efficiency Test Conditions and Methods:
The thermal efficiency test of the product applying for Energy Label shall comply with the test conditions and methods stated in CNS 13604 and CNS 13605.
3. Energy Efficiency Criteria
Measured thermal efficiency and carbon monoxide (CO) concentration shall meet the following baseline values:
Thermal Efficiency (%)
CO Concentration (v/v %)
Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG);
Natural Gas (NG)
4. Further requirements for applying Energy Label Certification of Gas Burning Cooking Appliances:
(1) Type Test Reports submitted for applying Energy Label Certification shall not only contain values of measured thermal efficiency and CO concentration but also photos of product exterior and specification plate.
(2) For multi-fuel models, the application for Energy Label Certification shall be made for individual fuel. The test report shall specify the type of fuel used.
(3) For multi-burner products, the Type Test Report shall state the values of measured thermal efficiency and CO concentration of each burner. The lowest value of measured thermal efficiency shall be adopted as the product’s thermal efficiency.
(4) For OEM products, which are the same with previously registered or type-approved models and therefore can not provide Certificates for Registration of Product Certification or Type Approval Certificates, the documents below shall also be prepared for applying Energy Label Certification:
i.A photo of product specification plate that states the model number of the referred registered or type-approved model;
ii.A certificate of conformity issued by designated testing laboratory;
iii.A photocopy with company seal of the Certificate for Registration of Product Certification or the Type Approval Certificates of the original registered or type-approved model;
iv.The original type test report of the referred registered or type-approved model.
II. Notes on product labeling:
(1)The name and address of the label user shall be clearly displayed on the product or product packaging;
(2)If the label user is an agent, the name and address of the product manufacturer shall also be clearly displayed on the product or product packaging;
(3)The product's measured thermal efficiency shall be stated in the product catalog;
(4)The measured value of thermal efficiency shall be rounded to one decimal place. The value of CO concentration shall be rounded to two decimal places.
Lately update:2014/07/09 13:56:00
Visitor of Today：
Government Website Open Information Announcement
Bureau of Energy, Ministry of Economic Affairs
Industrial Technology Research Institute