Energy Efficiency Criteria and Labeling Method for Energy Label Qualified Motorcycles
(Revision promulgated at Dec 22, 2016 and in effect at July 1, 2017)
1. The scope of application, energy consumption test method and energy efficiency criteria for the motorcycles (“products”) applying for Energy Label certification shall meet the following requirements:
(1) Scope of application
The product shall be either imported or domestic manufactured motorcycles which have never been used and shall meet all relevant energy management, environmental and safety regulations concerning motorcycles in the Republic of China.
(2) Energy efficiency test conditions and test method
The energy efficiency testing of the product shall be conducted according to the Motorcycle Fuel Consumption Test Method promulgated by the Central Competent Authority in accordance with Article 10 of the Motor Vehicle Fuel Consumption Standard and Inspection Rules. The product’s energy efficiency value may also be calculated in accordance with Item 2 in Article 5 of the same Rules.
(3) Energy Efficiency Criteria
The measured energy efficiency value of the product shall not be less than the following baseline value and shall be calculated and rounded to one decimal place.
|Engine displacement (cm3)||Energy efficiency standard of Motorcycles (km/liter)|
| >50 and <=100||50.4|
| >100 and <=150||47.2|
| > 150||36.5|
2. While applying for the Energy Label certification of motorcycles, the applicant shall provide testing documentation issued by motor vehicle testing laboratories accredited by the Ministry of Economic Affairs (MOEA) in ROC, showing the energy efficiency data of qualified motorcycles. For imported motorcycles, test report issued by testing laboratories recognized by respective government or motorcycle manufacturer in respective vehicle manufacturing countries may also be acceptable.
3. The Energy Label qualified motorcycles manufactures shall label the Logo and awarded certificate number for Energy Label and measured energy efficiency value on product's body or display on the product brochure or catalog.